You can see error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll you can when trying to run a variety of programs, both system and third-party. This error can manifest itself, for example, when you run programs from the Microsoft Office suite. For example Power Point, Word or Excel. Or, when you run any modern games such as Mafia 3 or Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
Causes of error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
So what is a file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll? This file is a dynamic link library containing a variety of code and data that can run multiple programs at the same time. File api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is so to speak a «cog», working in the Universal C Runtime or universal runtime with the Windows operating system.
Let’s list some possible scenarios that could occur with this file:
- file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll could be damaged due to any events. For example due to the sudden shutdown of your computer. Or it is possible that the file has been corrupted by a virus or malicious software.
- Various errors or damage to entries in the Registry of Windows.
- The emergence of problems, errors, or even broken sectors on the hard disk, which lead to damage to the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
- Third-party utility changed version of a file, modify it, or even removed, by mistake or accident. It is possible that this file is simply outdated.
Method №1 Installing Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015
As mentioned in the causes, file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is part of Universal C Runtime. So this file must be in Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015. You can download data library from the official Microsoft website, or simply use the enclosed link below:
For the 32-bit version you need to download the operating system Visual C ++ 2015 x86.
For the 64-bit version also need to download and install the x86 and 64-bit version of Visual C ++ 2015.
Method №2 Installing the update KB2999226
This library can be found in the update for the operating system under the number KB2999226 for Windows Server 2008 / Vista / Server 2008 R2 / 8.1. This update is part of Microsoft Visual C ++, which is not able to correctly install. You can fnd update to it on Microsoft official website, or use the convenient link attached below:
You can also install the update KB2999226 through Windows Update. Go to the Control Panel and select the appropriate option. Check for available updates. In the list you will most likely find the KB2999226.
Method №3 Reinstall application/game
It is possible that a problem has arisen due to run program. It may well be that when installing something went wrong and now the utility for whatever reasons, conflicts with file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Try to reinstall the utility, and then check if an arose problem disappeared.
Method №4 Check PC for viruses and malicious software
Viruses or malware could easily sneak on your computer, which damaged the system and its files. Check Your PC with Windows Defender scanner (Windows Defender) or any other third-party Antivirus, which you trust. If it finds something, then confirm the removal of the infected system element. Then try to run the application with which the problem occurred. If the error is still present in the system, do the first and the second method, since the virus has been removed and it will no longer damage the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
Method №5 Restore Windows Registry
As mentioned in the causes of the error, with a record of the registration file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll could something happen. To restore the registry use a program such as Reg Organizer or CCleaner. They are very easy to use, so there should not be any problems in their operation.
Method №6 Register file in system
It is not the recommended way to solve the problem. But if you want to take a chance and you have run an alternative, you can try:
- Locate and download the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll from the network. Do this only from trusted sources.
- Copy it in C / Windows / System32 directory or in C / Windows / SysWOW64 (for 64-bit systems it is necessary to invest in both directories). Then press Ctrl + Win + R and type cmd. Or you can click on the «Start» button, right-click and choose from context menu «Command Prompt (Admin)».
- In the Open «command prompt» enter the command regsvr32 / u api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
- Then enter regsvr32 / i api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll following the registration, restart your computer and then log on again try to start the troubled utility.
Method №7 Run the System File Checker utility
Using the SFC system utility would be sensible idea to solve the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. This utility will «inventory» system files. It will check for damage and tries to fix them. For its launch, do the following:
- As in the previous method, press Ctrl + Win + R and type cmd. Or, simply right-click on the «Start» menu and select «Command Prompt (Admin)»
- In the appeared «command line» write the sfc / scannow. Begin the process of verification of system files. It may pass for a long time, so you can escape.
- At its end, you will be shown a list of damaged files and whether they were corrected. Reboot your computer and check for an error with file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
Method №8 System Restore
System Restore is probably one of the most radical methods of solving problems, but no less effective. This action will literally allow you to transfer your system «back in time», at a time when she was in stable condition and no errors have been encountered. To restore the system, do the following:
- Go to the Control Panel by clicking the right mouse button on the «Start» button.
- Select «Restore» item in it.
- Click «Launch System Restore.» Then click the «Next» button in the pop-up wizard and select the desired time point to restore.
- Your computer may reboot at this time, which is normal, according to the procedure.
As in the previous methods, check for errors api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. If it is still present in the system, then, unfortunately, the only way to solve the problem would be a clean install of the Windows operating system.