Apple released iOS 9.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Six weeks after the start of testing Apple has released the final version of iOS 9.2. Updates become available for download to all company devices – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Apple iOS 9.2 was tested among developers and participants of the testing program with the end in October. In total, the company issued four updates before, final iOS 9.2 beta 4 debuted on November 19.
Update iOS 9.2 fixes several shortcomings of the software platform and improves productivity. Major innovations are presented by improvement of corporate streaming in Apple Music and update of Safari View Controller, which is now even more directly related to the Safari application. In the renewed framework, there is support for third-party extensions such as password managers, so that now these extensions can interact with Web pages directly from the application.
IBooks app now supports 3D Touch to Focus and pop-up display of objects in the pages of tables with contents, notes and bookmarks, as well as results search in the book. In addition, the “reader” now allows to simultaneously listen to audio books while searching in the library, reading books and watching other iBooks Store.
NumberSync technology is a further development of Continuity technology. The latter allows to use the Mac, iPad, or iPod touch for phone calls if the user’s device connected to the same wireless network. In the case of NumberSync it comes to Wi-Fi-calls that do not require a finding the network with the iPhone – it can be at least a hundred kilometers away, and even out of network coverage.
List of changes in iOS 9.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
Improvements in Apple Music:
- When you add a song to the playlist you can now create a new playlist.
- When you add songs to playlists at the top of the list device displays the playlist, as amended in the last instance.
- Download albums and playlists in your library by touching a button iCloud download from iCloud.
- New download progress bar next to each song in “My Music” and “Playlists” allows you to see what songs have been downloaded.
- App is being able to see the titles, names of composers and performers of classical music while viewing catalog Apple Music.
- New topic Top Stories in News program allows you to keep abreast of the most important events of the day (available in the US, UK and Australia).
- Mail Drop function in the “Mail” to send attachments of a large size.
- IBooks app now supports 3D Touch to Focus and pop-up display of objects in the pages of tables with contents, notes and bookmarks, as well as results search in the book.
- iBooks now allows to simultaneously listen to audio books while searching in the library, reading books and watching other iBooks Store`.
- USB Camera Adapter support to import photos and videos on your iPhone.
- Increased stability of Safari.
- Increased stability of “Podcasts”.
- Fixed a bug that caused the lack of access to the attached files for some users e-mail accounts.
- Fixed a bug where the photos in Live Photos could be switched off after recovering from a previous iCloud backup.
- Fixed a problem, potentially leading to a lack of results in Contacts.
- Fixed a bug where the camera screen on the iPad could duck while trying to record a video.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to instability in the program while viewing the day of daylight.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the data display in “Health”.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the display of “Wallet” program updates and warnings on the locked screen.
- Fixed an issue in which after the iOS upgrade alarm could be turned off automatically.
- Fixed a bug which resulted that some users could not enter the “Find iPhone” option.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the completion of some iCloud backups.
- Fixed an issue where the use of the iPad keyboard could inadvertently trigger text selection mode.
- Improved reaction to the keyboard when using the Quick Reply.
- Fixed a bug with the included upper case when typing in the fields of the URL or e-mail with the Cyrillic keyboard.
Universal Access Improvements:
- Fixed an issue with VoiceOver using face detection program “Camera”.
- Added support to display the screen from sleep mode via VoiceOver.
- Fixed guide access when trying to complete phone calls.
- Enhanced functionality for users of Switch Control using 3D Touch.
- Siri supports Arabic language (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates).