Have you encountered the error «The Rockstar update service is unavailable (code 2).» when you run GTA 5?
In this case, there is a simple solution to this problem. This solution works on Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 8 /8.1. This decision provides that you will need to reinstall the game. Perform the following steps to solve the problem:
- Open the folder Documents / My Documents, and then — «Rockstar Games»;
- Delete folder «GTA V» and «Social Club»;
- Uninstall GTA V and make sure that the folder from the previous installation did not have any files.
- If the folder «Grand Theft Auto V» cannot be removed automatically — do it manually;
- Now re-install the game on your C drive, or on the drive where you installed the operating system. The error occurs because of game installation to other drives. For some reason, because of location on different drives, there is a communication problem between the game and Social Club.
Found a mistake? Highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter