Sometimes you need to find out what the user is engaged in a computer. This can be done in different ways. All depends on what you are interested in — all or some specific actions (Internet pages, ICQ correspondence or certain programs).
How to check history on your computer?
- The easiest and surest way to know everything that happens on the computer – installation of any keylogger. This is a program that keeps track of all actions (including correspondence in all clients) and even take screenshots at specified time intervals. To do this, you must install the program on your computer. In the settings set the necessary parameters, hide from users and protect with passwords (then even if they know about how to install, remove, they will not be able to block). The most common keyloggers are paid.
- If you need to find a remote history in the browser, you can do it in the following way. Install one of the programs to recover the data — for example, DiscDigger, Recuva, Handy Recovery or Easy File Undelete, then run it and get Places.sqlite file. This will be the remote browser history.
- If you need to know the history of correspondence in different clients (ISQ, Qip, Skype, etc.), then find the program folder (usually it is located in the Program Files folder). You will need to find the History folder and read the whole story, but this is possible only if the user didn’t remove it earlier.
- If you want to find out what programs run on your computer, you can do it very easily. Go to the C drive, select the WINDOWS folder, then navigate to folder Prefetch. Here it is displayed the history of all opened programs. The folder is not hidden.
- To see a history of all printable characters entered on the computer, you can use the program Punto Switcher. This program automatically switches layout from Russian into English, depending on what a user writes. Once the software has a convenient feature — keeping a diary. It records all the printed characters (in all programs). On the blog, you can set a password, then it will only be able to view you. Periodically, it must be cleaned.
Found a mistake? Highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter