Plague Inc. represents a strategy game. In this game you need to infect the world with specially chosen plague. After infecting patient 0 you will have an opportunity to infect the whole world by doing simple manipulations. Firstly, this game was released on Android and iOS and after then developers presented Plague Inc. Evolved for PC. After the game release many players around the world started to face with many different problems associated with it and here in this guide we present you some solution to the most popular errors.
#1 Error ‘Need to be Logged into Steam’
If you seeing this error even after logging into Steam, we present two methods options that can help to resolve the problem.
Method 1: Update Steam Client
Delete Plague Inc. Evolved via Steam client:
- Right click on the game
- Press ‘Delete Local Content…’
- Check updates for steam client:
- Be sure to opt out any other beta channels. You can verify this by pressing ‘BETAS’ tab under the game properties.
- Download the latest update version and then select again Plauge Inc: Evolved
- Press ‘Install’ button.
After the game download go to game properties and press ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’
Try to launch Plauge Inc: Evolved again…
Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to run the game
- http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555 – 64-bit version
- http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632 – 32-bit version
Just reinstall Steam as it helped many users to resolve this problem.
#2 Black Screen Error
If you seeing the black screen when you want to launch the game first, try the following solutions in order to fix Black Screen error.
Re-install the game via Steam – all you saves and progress will be saved in another folder.
Update drivers for your PC
#3 Unable to start Main Game
Some users reported about crashes during the game start. The following fix helped many gamers to resolve the problem.
- Go to folder Fonts located at Windows/Fonts
- Find UNCL.tff
- If you cannot find it, Press Alt, then press Tools
- Switch Folder Options
- Press View
- Now find the line Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files
- The file is visible now
- Delete tff
This guide will be updated with more solutions to errors and crashes.