Unfortunately remasters suffer from some problems that are not encountered in the original game. Fortunately, the players on the PC can fix most of them. Before you finish all the changes, set the attribute «read only» in all edited files, otherwise the game may lose those changes.
How to fix the mouse sensitivity in BioShock Remastered?
To improve the sensitivity of the mouse you need to edit 2 * .ini file.
- Navigate to the folder .. \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ BioShockRemastered \ Build \ Final DefUser.ini and open the file with any text editor, for example «notepad».
- Also, go to C: \ Users \ ImyaVasheyUtechnoyZapisi \ AppData \ Roaming \ BioshockHD \ Bioshock and open User.ini
- Find (CTRL + F): «IF_MOUSE_LOOK_ENABLED Axis aMouseX Speed = 2500.0» and «IF_MOUSE_LOOK_ENABLED Axis aMouseY Speed = 2500.0»
- Change to any value you want
Mouse acceleration in BioShock Remastered
- Navigate to the folder appdata / BioshockHD /
- Open Games BioShock.ini file with any text editor, for example «notepad».
- Find (CTRL + F) ReduceMouseLag and DoubleBufferMouseLag and change its value to false.
- Open user.ini, which is located in the same folder
- Find the section [Engine.PlayerInput] and add these commands directly below: MouseSmoothingMode = 0 and MouseAccelThreshold = 0
Angle of view (FOV) in BioShock Remastered
In order to adjust the field of view, you must do the following:
- Navigate to the folder C: \ Users \ ImyaVasheyUtechnoyZapisi \ AppData \ Roaming \ BioshockHD \ Bioshock
- Open User.ini
- Find (CTRL + F) Fkeys: Now we can «ask» the change of the field of view for the hotkey command SetFOV, for example «F11 = SetFOV 100» (without the quotes). Now when you press F11 the angle of view will be equal to 100.
Fixes for multi-channel audio and EAX 5.1 in BioShock Remastered
- Go to the folder C: \ Users \ ImyaVasheyUtechnoyZapisi \ AppData \ Roaming \ BioshockHD \ Bioshock
- Open BioShock.ini
- Press CTRL + F and search for «SpeakerMode =» and change it to «SpeakerMode = SM_5_1» (without quotes)
- Directly below add SpeakerModeValue = 5 [Optional]
Correction for non-standard aspect ratios [21: 9] in BioShock Remastered
- Go to: C: \ Users \ ImyaVasheyUtechnoyZapisi \ AppData \ Roaming \ BioshockHD \ Bioshock
- Open User.ini
- Find «[WinDrv.WindowsClient]» and manually set the desired resolution.