In the macOS Catalina version, the picture-in-picture mode has finally appeared in the QuickTime Player. In addition, the function was added to the Safari browser.
How to use picture-in-picture mode in Safari?
If you often watch videos in Safari, for example, on YouTube, you can activate the picture-in-picture mode with one click. Now you can watch the video and at the same time do something else on the computer.
- You can activate the picture-in-picture mode in Safari if the website with the video is open in a separate tab or in a separate window.
- Start the video, and then right-click (or Control + click) click on the small icon in the form of a speaker and select “Picture in Picture” mode. This icon mutes the sound of the video.
- If this is the only tab open, the icon will be in the address bar.
- If you have other tabs open, the icon will be in the right edge of the tab.
- When you activate picture-in-picture mode in Safari, the video is compressed and moved to one of the corners of the screen.
- You can drag the video to another corner of the screen and resize it by pulling one of the corners. You can also pause and start the video.
- To stop the video and return to the site, click the X in the upper left corner.
- If you use picture-in-picture mode, the video window will always remain on top of all other windows. This is very convenient, because now you can not interrupt your work to watch the video.
Found a mistake? Highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter