Today, you can find a variety of different programs and applications that somehow affect the operating system. However, you can often find cases related to the occurrence of these errors in most applications. One of them is an application error 0xc0000006. You will learn from this article information on how to fix it.
Just note that the causes can be very different — and therefore the solutions are also different. Consider each method individually.
Error 0xc0000006 solution
- So, after facing such an error 0xc0000006, first check anti-virus on your computer. Consider the example of Nod32 antivirus:
- Open its main window and go to «Quarantine».
- Locate the program file that refers to application.
- Click the right mouse button, select «Reset» and confirm the action by clicking «OK».
- In the event of a single error 0xc0000006, for example, in one application — just reinstall it:
- Navigate to «My Computer» and select «Change or remove a program.»
- In the window that opens, select the problematic applications and delete it.
- After removal, open the installation file again and reinstall the program.
- Error 0xc0000006 can be avoided by checking the system files integrity.
- Open the Start menu, then «All Programs» — «Accessories» — Command Prompt.
- Right-mouse click and choose «Run as administrator».
- Next, enter the command — sfc / scannow.
- If error 0xc0000006 occurs during the startup of the installation file Windows — probably in the conflict with two of the same program. So we need to remove one of them:
- Open «My Computer» and select «Change or remove a program.»
- Depending on which application you are using to create disk images — select the appropriate program.
- Enter the name of the program in the Search menu of «Change or remove a program». Most likely, you will see 2 identical files of this program (they can vary in versions, formats, etc.)
- Remove one of them, running the «Uninstall a program».
- After this, Windows installation files will be opened in the remaining application.
- The next way – recover OS to previous working-moment:
- To do this, open the Start menu, then «All Programs» — «Accessories» — «Tools» — «System Restore.»
- Then, follow the instructions and select the date you want to restore.
- After that, you may need to reboot the system. After run the application again.
- You may have outdated video drivers or libraries in Windows. Visit Microsoft’s website and download the new service pack (most modern operating systems automatically update all the components). Then restart the application.
- Finally, if you have removed or have not yet eliminated the error 0xc0000006 — be sure to check for threats and viruses. It is advisable to carry out this procedure at least once a week.
Thus, you can eliminate error 0xc0000006 in several ways. We hope these tips will help you stabilize your system and will save from the emergence of new errors of this kind.
Found a mistake? Highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter
What resolved for me was to delete latest microsoft updates since patch Tuesday.