Users of Android-devices often face a variety of errors that occur when working with Google Play. One of them – Error retrieving information from server: [DF-SA-01] that appears when you try to download or update the application.
A typical situation is as follows: Google Play Store regularly shows a list of applications and tops them in popularity, where you can search the desired software. But as soon as the user visits the page of the selected application and tries to start the download process, the device generates an error DF-SA-01.
The causes of the problem are unknown, but the trouble usually happens after an upgrade of Google Play. And while developers are trying to find out the details, some users have proven ways to get rid of the Error retrieving information from server: [DF-SA-01].
1) Go to “Settings”/”Application”/”All” and follow these steps for Google Services Framework, Google Play Store and Google Play Services:
- “Stop application”;
- “Clear Data”;
- “Uninstall updates”;
- “Clear Cache.”
2) Go to “Settings”/”Accounts”/”Google”, select your account and remove checkboxes in synchronization settings.
3) Reboot your Android-powered device.
4) As soon as a smartphone or tablet will restart immediately return to Settings “/”Accounts»/«Google» and put a ticks on the old places, not paying attention to warning of “synchronization error”.
5) Make one more reboot and check its operation.
Perhaps, the first method for solving Error retrieving information from server: [DF-SA-01] will not work. Then choose more convenient way.
) Download and install any file manager (eg, ES File Explorer or Root Explorer);
2) Open the Manager and go to the following path: «/data/data/com.android.vending/»;
3) Clear the contents of folder «com.android.vending» and set rights «rwxrwxrwx» («Settings”/”Resolution”);
4) Reboot the device and check the work of Google Play.
If you know other ways to resolve Error retrieving information from server: [DF-SA-01]- we will be very grateful if you would share them with our users.