MIUI 8 firmware distribution has began, but many Xiaomi devices has not yet received the updates, even those for which the OTA-update is now available. Despite this, the firmware can be installed manually with access to all the necessary files. How to do it — read our instructions.
Update using rekaveri
- Note: This method does not work on smartphones with Xiaomi processors MediaTek, and also on devices with a locked bootloader. Also make sure to update you already have the latest version of the Global MIUI.
- Download the file recovery for your device. It is advisable to download on your computer. Rename the downloaded file to update.zip
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB. Move the renamed file to the root internal memory folder.
- Log in recovery mode on your device.
- In recovery mode, you can adjust the volume buttons to navigate and select button activation items. After entering the recovery mode select the language you want, and then scroll to Install update.zip to System One. Select it, then the update will start. Upon completion, select Reboot to System One.
Update using Fastboot
- Go to the site of Xiaomi. There click «Unlock Now» button.
- There login with your account or through Facebook, and then fill in the form.
- Confirmation of the questionnaire can be made by mail or by SMS. You can then download a utility to unlock, which you need to install on your computer.
- Run this utility and login to it the same account as on the Xiaomi site.
- Turn off your smartphone. Hold the power button and the Volume Down button to enter the bootloader.
- Ensure that the utility is running and to unlock it produced login. Connect your phone to the computer via USB.
- Press «Unlock» in the utility. Unlock starts a process that takes about 10 seconds.
Now we go to the very firmware. It is recommended to make a backup of the device.
- Download the latest version of Mi Flash Tool utility (29 MB) for Windows. Unpack and install the program.
- Turn off your smartphone. Hold the Volume Down button and Power button to enter Fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the computer via USB.
- Download the file to your Fastboot smartphone firmware. Open the downloaded file and extract it somewhere on your computer.
- Go to the extracted folder and copy the path to it.
- Run Mi Flash Tool utility. In the upper text box, paste the address of the folder with the firmware. Click «Refresh» — the utility will identify the connected smartphone.
- Press «Flash», then the firmware will start. Wait — your smartphone will automatically turn on with the already updated firmware.
- Recall all these operations you spend with the device at your own risk. If something goes wrong, the machine can turn into a «brick».